Consent and Release
- BACKGROUND. This is a Consent and Release of Rights (“Release”) in favor of FIRST Nevada and its officers, directors, employees, successors, assigns, volunteers and other entities who are acting under the authorization or at the direction of FIRST Nevada with respect to participation in programs, events and activities (“FIRST Activities”) offered by For the Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology (“FIRST”) and/or FIRST Nevada, whether organized by FIRST, FIRST Nevada, or both. “Participant” means any person attending, participating in, and/or involved in, in any capacity, FIRST Activities.
- AUTHORIZATION TO REPRODUCE LIKENESS. (A) I acknowledge that FIRST Activities are semi‐public and may be attended by members of the public, including but not limited to the media, who are not under the control of FIRST Nevada and who may make recordings of the event. (B) In consideration of being allowed to participate in any FIRST Activities, I hereby agree and grant to FIRST Nevada the following: (1) the right to photograph, videotape, or otherwise digitally collect my likeness, voice and sounds (“Works”) while participating in FIRST Activities and irrevocably
assign and grant all rights for these Works to FIRST Nevada; (2) the right to record and use my full name in connection with FIRST Activities; and (3) the right to use or sub-license these Works and my full name, likeness and biography, at the discretion of FIRST Nevada, in all media and in all forms and for all purposes, including without limitation, advertising and other promotions, without any further consideration or any limitation whatsoever.
- WAIVER AND RELEASE OF ANY FUTURE CLAIMS. (A) There are risks inherent in participating in FIRST Activities, including, but not limited to, the risks in building robots, working with electrical equipment, traveling to and from events, and participating in public competitions. Some examples of these risks include, but are not limited to, bodily harm (including, without limitation, death), personal injury and property damage or loss. (B) Understanding the risks of participating in a FIRST Activities, I hereby assume those risks. Except to the extent due to the gross negligence or willful misconduct of FIRST Nevada, and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, in consideration of being allowed by FIRST Nevada to participate in the FIRST Activities, I HEREBY WAIVE AND RELEASE ANY CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION that I may now or hereafter have against FIRST Nevada arising in connection with or relating to my participation in any FIRST Activities or arising from unofficial FIRST Nevada programs, events and activities offered by others. I hold harmless FIRST Nevada, against any and all claims resulting from such participation, including, without limitation, claims for compensation, defamation, or invasion of privacy, or other infringements or violations of personal or property rights of any sort whatsoever.
- AUTHORIZATION FOR MEDICAL TREATMENT. In the event I should sustain injuries or illness while involved in FIRST Activities, I hereby authorize FIRST Nevada to provide first aid or arrange for emergency medical attention, medications, transport and/or hospital treatment. I further understand and agree that I accept all financial responsibility for any such medical assistance.
- CHOICE OF LAW. This Release shall be binding upon me and my heirs, personal representatives and assigns and shall be governed by the construed under the laws of the State of Nevada, which shall be the venue for any legal action. This Release constitutes the entire agreement among the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter of this Release and supersedes any and all such previous agreements among the parties, whether written or oral.
- COVID‐19. By participating in FIRST Activities, I understand and expressly acknowledge that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID‐19 exists in any public place where people are present. I, as well as any of my guests, voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID‐19, and waive, release, and discharge FIRST Nevada; the venue; event sponsors; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers from any and all liability under any theory, whether in negligence or otherwise, for any illness or injury. Furthermore, I am aware of Nevada SB4 effective August 11, 2020 limiting the liability of nonprofit organizations due to COVID‐19.
- CONFIDENTIALITY. FIRST Nevada will not rent or sell this contact information. However, I hereby grant the FIRST Nevada the right to retain and use the personal information provided in this Release for administrative and operational purposes.